It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net! †
CELL PHONE POLICYDue to the proliferation of cell phones, the frequency of disciplinary infractions related to both the inadvertent and the intentional violations of the Code of Conduct rules, and with the increasing sophistication of these devices leading to the increasingly serious nature of some offenses [such as cheating, violations of privacy with unauthorized photographs, and similar issues], the Disciplinary Committee of the Board and the majority of middle and secondary level principals recommended much greater restrictions on the possession of phones at school and more serious consequences for the violations of these restrictions.
The changes may be summarized as follows:
- Absolutely no “personal possession” of a cell phone during school hours.
- Phones must be left in vehicles or stored in a student’s locker or other place designated by building administration.
- first offense; In-school suspension (1 day)
- second offense; In-school suspension (3 days)
- third offense; out of school suspension and loss of privilege
- fourth offense; Expulsion