It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net! †
LEAVELLE MCCAMPBELL MIDDLE SCHOOL DRESS CODEThe following policy on personal appearance will be used for students at Leavelle McCampbell Middle School (LMMS). This policy was taken from the Policy Manual (file #JCDB) of the Consolidated School District of Aiken County. The Board recognizes that students have the right to regulate their personal appearance. However, the Board reserves the right to bar from school those students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the educational process.
Students are expected to dress in an appropriate style and manner while on the school campus and attending or participating in school activities. Their personal appearance should promote their health and safety, should cause no interference with school work and school order, and should be reflective of their membership within the school community.
- Policy prohibits pictures, emblems, or writings on clothing or skin that are gang-related, lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene, or that advertises or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or any other substances as prohibited by law or school district policy. Any material that is racially divisive or creates ill will or hatred is not permitted.
- Body piercing is allowed only in the ears.
- All students must wear clothes to cover their fronts, stomachs, backs, and sides from the shoulder well past the waist when seated as well as standing. For example, halter tops, backless sundresses, etc., are not allowed. Students’ underwear or portions of undergarments are not to be seen. Girls may not wear blouses or dresses with low necklines or clothing that is tight-fitting. Clothing that reveals a bare midriff is prohibited. Pants are to be worn above the buttocks at the waist. This applies particularly to the “sagging” of clothing such as pants or shorts. All such clothing must be worn with the appropriate belt and secured at the waist.
- Clothing with symbols or writing across the buttocks is prohibited. Tops with “suggestive” writing or symbols are prohibited.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. House-shoes, slides, sandals without a factory-made back strap, and flip-flops are not allowed.
- All shorts, skorts, skirts and dresses are to be knee length. Other appropriate shorts are permissible only during P.E. Class. Pants should be of appropriate length, and should not be tattered or so long as to be walked on or dragging the floor.
- Clothing such as capes, tops with hoods, hats or outdoor coats are not to be worn inside the buildings. These articles are to be placed in the student’s locker at all times. Items used for grooming are to be kept in pockets or handbags. Hair pics, combs, etc. are not to be worn in the hair.
- Examples of dress that may be deemed inappropriate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fishnet, see-through clothing, skin-tight pants, tops that expose the midriff [(stomach) see-through blouses or shirts, bare midriffs, halter or tank tops] or excessively tight clothing.
- Clothing that is in a state of excessive disrepair.
- Athletic outfits for P.E. worn outside of the P.E. class.
- Sneakers/shoes that are untied, flip-flops.
- Pants without a belt or worn below the waist.
- Pants with holes above the knee.
- Any material that is racially divisive or creates ill will or hatred.
- Jewelry/clothing, ornamentation with horns, brads or spikes.
- Hats worn inside buildings or present on students during school.
- Sunglasses unless required for medical reasons.
- Chains used with billfolds, keys, etc.
- Do-rags and other headgear are not allowed.